Agro products, also known as agricultural products, refer to the goods produced from the cultivation of crops, rearing of animals, and other agricultural practices. These products serve as inputs for various industries like food processing, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, and more. They are essential for providing food, fiber, and other raw materials to meet the needs of growing populations.
Some examples of agro products include cereals, fruits, vegetables, dairy products, eggs, meat, poultry, fish, oils, spices, fibers, wood, and ornamental plants. These products can either be consumed directly or used as ingredients in the production of other goods. Additionally, agro-based industries also produce by-products such as cakes, oils, and coir, which are used in various applications.
Uses and advantages of the Agro Products business:
1. Food production: Agro products are the primary source of food for human consumption. Crops like wheat, rice, maize, and pulses form the staple diet for many people worldwide. Fruits, vegetables, and dairy products also contribute to a healthy and balanced diet.
2. Job creation: The agro products industry provides employment to a significant portion of the population, especially in rural areas. It involves activities like farming, harvesting, processing, packaging, transportation, and marketing, creating a range of job opportunities.
3. Exports: Agro products play a crucial role in a country's economy through exports. Many countries rely on agricultural exports to earn foreign exchange and boost their GDP. Commodities like rice, tea, coffee, spices, and fruits have high demand in international markets.
4. Raw material for industries: Agro products serve as raw materials for various industries. For example, cereals are processed to make flour for bakeries and food processing units. Fibers from crops like cotton are used for textile manufacturing, and wood is used for furniture making.
5. Income generation: Engaging in agro product cultivation and trade can be a great source of income for farmers and entrepreneurs. With proper crop planning, investment in farming techniques, and effective marketing, agro-based businesses can generate substantial profits.
6. Rural development: Promoting agro-based industries and practices helps in the overall development of rural areas. It provides opportunities for income generation, improves infrastructure, enhances living standards, and reduces the migration of people from rural to urban areas.
Manufacturers and suppliers in India for Agro Products:
There are numerous manufacturers and suppliers of agro products in India. Some well-known companies in this sector include:
1. ITC Limited
2. Cargill India Pvt. Ltd.
3. Marico Ltd.
4. Hindustan Unilever Ltd.
5. Godrej Agrovet Ltd.
6. Tata Chemicals Limited
7. Amul (Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd.)
8. Nestle India
9. Dabur India Ltd.
10. Britannia Industries Ltd.
Apart from these large companies, there are also many small and medium-scale enterprises (SMEs) and local farmers who supply agro products. These agro products can be procured from wholesale markets, agricultural cooperatives, online marketplaces, and directly from the farmers themselves.
Make In India Trade is India's leading platform for micro small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) business needs. Using our B2B marketplace buyers can connect with multiple sellers and grow their business. Make In India Trade is a platform for B2B Readymade Products as well as B2B Raw materials from rural and urban areas.
In today's digital world online B2B buying and B2B selling is a go-to strategy for most B2B vendors. Buying and selling processes in our B2B portal are the same for the Retailers, Wholesalers, Distributors, Exporters, Dealers, Manufacturers, and Service Providers.
Using the power of technology we want to create a hassle-free buying and selling platform in just a few clicks.